The CWO John A. Keller, Chief Warrant and Warrant Officers Association Scholarship Grant (hereinafter “Grant”) is established to financially assist dependent children of members in good standing or who were members in good standing of the CWOA, United States Coast Guard at the time of their death. The assistance shall be a monetary grant for an accredited institution of higher learning.
Grants in the amount of $750 will be presented in April of each year to the most deserving eligible candidates. Funds are to be used toward educational expenses at an accredited institution of higher learning beyond high school.
- Be the dependent child of a member in good standing of the CWOA or who was a member in good standing at the time of their death.
- Be a senior in high school with an average of “C” or be currently enrolled in an accredited institution of higher learning with an average of “C”.
- Be enrolled in a full time course of instruction.
- The financial status of the applicant’s parents shall not be a factor in determining the applicants to awarded grants.
- The receipt of a grant does not exclude an applicant from receiving additional grants in subsequent years.